Thank you for visiting www.GreatMortgageAdvice.com By Cecilia Ramos
HOW TO MAKE A HOME LOOK MODERN AND UP-TO-DATE
1. Open the space by tearing out unnecessary dropped ceilings / bulkheads, etc to lighten the space.
2. Make bare floors as beautiful as possible with dark espresso or white oak hardwood.
3. Choose wall-to-wall carpet in a sisal or low pile in a neutral shade to keep things tidy.
4. Use a mix of old and new furniture pieces focusing on traditional classical lines for the larger items, some vintage if possible. Add modern elements in different shapes and colours for contrast in your smaller items. A signature piece with unique personality is a nice addition to any space such as a coffee table constructed from coffee table books..
5. Think bold when accessorizing. Patterns such tweeds, stripes, checks, or batiks in accessory pieces such as throws, cushions, draperies or artwork will complement the basics and modernize the space.
6. Remember the tactile elements of good design with a focus on the sense of touch. Texture can be added with the heavier woven fabrics such as linen or wool, animal hides or leather. Even wide slatted Venetians can add dimension to a room. Choose something with character with perhaps a bit of a story to go with it.
7. Choose lamps that complement the space and are works of art in themselves. Consider size, shape and colour when making your choice. Large ceiling fixtures, chandeliers, floor lamps and table lamps are now all the rage. Shop carefully because treasures can be found in the craziest of places such as flea markets and thrift shops.
8. Invest in at least one piece of contemporary art to showcase an area of your home. It should be something that you like to be worthy of the investment. Selecting interesting frames can also make a difference in the overall effect of a piece of art.
9. Try to incorporate pieces into the home from other countries to bring character and personality to a space. Take the time to research the country from which the piece was purchased to give greater meaning to your selection.
10. Adding living things to a space brings freshness to a room for a minimal cost.
11. Focusing on seasonal colours through dishes, candles or accessory pieces can bring variety to any given space on a regular basis. Again, bargain stores can often provide limitless possibilities at a fraction of the cost.
12. Remembering in all of this that less is often more, be careful not to crowd your space by adding things too quickly. It may be necessary to de-clutter a room before giving it the transfusion
Good luck and HAVE FUN
For all of your Real Estate and Mortgage Needs please feel free to contact me anytime. As always the referral of your family and friends is always appreciated.